The Royal Historical Society of Queensland would be delighted to welcome you as a member of our Society.
Your membership benefits include
- a quarterly copy of the Queensland History Journal delivered in print or electronic form
- a monthly members bulletin delivered electronically February – December
- complimentary access to the Commissariat Store Museum when you show your membership card at reception
- discounted members rates at most society events and functions
- complimentary research assistance in the Welsby Library
Your membership supports The Royal Historical Society of Queensland in our work to publish and preserve and make Queensland’s history accessible. Members are invited to take an active interest the Society through assisting in the many different areas of our operations.
We invite you to print the membership application form on this page, fill in the details and return the form to the society along with payment details. For your own security please do not e-mail your credit card details. You are able to send the form and call us to provide your credit details over the phone. Alternatively you can drop in at any time we are open to fill out a membership application while visiting the Commissariat Store Museum or attending an RHSQ event.
After your membership application is received the RHSQ Council will approve your membership at the next monthly Council Meeting. Council meetings are held in the 2nd week of the month between February and December. After this has occured you will receive a welcome letter from the Secretary and begin receiving the Journal and Bulletin dispatches via your preferred method.
Please note the RHSQ Membership year runs from July 1 to June 30 each year. The membership fee is not prorated although if you join between April and June, your membership application will include the following membership year.
$66 per annum
In addition supporting The Royal Historical Society of Queensland publish, preserve and display Queensland History regular membership includes:
– Quarterly Queensland History Journal
– Monthly Members Bulletin (Feb – Dec)
– Commissariat Store Museum Access
– Research Assistance at Welsby Library
– Discounts at most RHSQ events